We seek to resolve disputes expeditiously to ensure that businesses remain operational and unaffected to the extent possible and to enable individuals to exercise their constitutional right to earn a living.
- Disciplinary and grievance processes (including the chairing of hearings and the performance of risk assessments);
- Termination of employment, restructuring, incapacity issues and operational requirements;
- Assisting with CCMA and/or Bargaining Council referrals, conciliation and arbitration;
- Labour Court matters including urgent applications, trials and reviews;
- Collective bargaining (including wage negotiations and strike related issues);
Regular training and information sessions are attended by practitioners to ensure that the firm remains abreast of the latest developments in South African employment law so as to assist clients to keep up to date with their compliance requirements.
- Registration of unions and preparation of constitution documents;
- Drafting employment agreements;
- Drafting company policies and codes;
- Occupational Health and Safety and Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act advice;
- LRA, BCEA and related legislation and/or collective agreements advice; and
- BBBEE consulting services
Our labour practitioners are all members of the South African Labour Lawyers’ Association (“SASLAW”) and are committed to its pro bono services projects. The firm is regarded by SASLAW as an industry specialist service provider.